Friday, October 1 – NRA Basic Pistol 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course introduces students to the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for owning and using a pistol safely. Through this course, students will learn about pistol parts and operation, ammunition, gun safety, pistol shooting fundamentals, and pistol shooting activities. There will also be a live fire segment to practice the skills introduced in the classroom. The Basic Pistol Course will also help prepare the student for participation in other NRA courses. Each student will receive an NRA Basics of Handgun Shooting handbook and, upon completion of this course, the student will receive a certificate from NRA which is accepted in many states as proof of handgun safety training and therefore qualifies the student to apply for a CCW. The state of Maine accepts this certificate.
This course is an 8 (eight) hour course. We will begin at 9 a.m. and finish up around 5 p.m.
- If you bring your own handgun to class, please make sure it is unloaded and cased.
- Also bring at least one (1) 50 round box of factory ball ammunition in the original box. No reloaded ammunition will be allowed.
- If you do not have a handgun, we will have one available for you to use.
- Eye and ear protection are also required. We will have eye and ear protection available for anyone who does not have their own.
- You will also want to bring your lunch, drinks, and any snacks you might want throughout the day.
We will be shooting at an outdoor range so please dress for the weather.
The cost of this course is $65.00 for NPFG members and $75.00 for non-members
For more information or to register please contact Debby Schilling.